Romford, Lewisham, Bromley, Thurrock
Visiting people in their homes, offering practical help and emotional support to families that are experiencing various problems.
The primary area of concern for the family support worker is the safeguarding of the children, whose parents might be experiencing multiple and complex difficulties, such as abuse of drugs or alcohol, one parent in hospital or prison, financial or marital difficulties, domestic violence, non-attendance of education.
This post carries a requirement to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (preferably on the update service).
General Accountabilities and Responsibilities (All roles)
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation, Potton Group Policies, including Contract Rules, Financial Regulations and Rules, Employment Procedure Rules, Employees’ Code of Conduct, Information Security Policies, Social Media Policy and other requirements of Potton Group.
- Ensure high standards of records management and assume responsibility for all information assigned to the post.
- Data Protection, Equalities and Diversity and Health and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with and actively promote the Potton Group’s Equalities and Diversity policies and strategies and comply with the Equality Act 2010.
- Ensure compliance with and actively promote Health and Safety at work legislation, Potton Group H&S policies and procedures.
- Comply with the competencies and standard requisites agreed by the Potton Group as relevant to your post.
- Comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (all employees of the Potton Group will not disclose or make use of, for their private advantage, any information held on manual or computer records, which are not available to the public, however acquired).
- Take responsibility for continuing self-development and participate in training and development activities.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the
All successful applicants will need to be a car driver and hold a clean UK driving licence would be desirable..
(Self-employed) Flexible working hours
£10.50-£14 per hour.
- To support the care of children where their living arrangements are at high risk of breakdown (including local authority placements).
- To support the reunification of children with their family/other carers in the community.
- Family Support Services will be contracted, time managed, intensive, solution focused and reviewed.
- The Family Support worker will provide both an intensive services to families in crisis and planned interventions as part of agreed plans for children.
- Family Support workers will work in a variety of settings, family and foster homes. They will plan and participate in programmes of work with parents/carers and children, both individually and in-groups.
- Work closely with Social Workers as part of agreed plans for children.
- Liaise with Social Services.
- Keep detailed written records and produce reports to a very high and professional standard
(Reports can be used in the court arena), as requested, in accordance with each case.
- Assess and promote children’s development.
- Apply individual, family and group work skills.
- Develop links with and utilise the resources of the community.
- Attend and participate in Child Protection Conference, Planning and Review meetings, as required.
- Work closely with other professionals, as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- To take part in any standby arrangements as required.
- Ensure that service users are as fully involved as possible in decisions which affect them individually and seek regular feedback.
- Promote an atmosphere in which parents/carers are encouraged to take responsibility for meeting needs of their children.
- Attend Court as a witness as required, in court proceedings, involving children and families.
- To remain informed of current thinking in relation to professional conduct and practice.
- Contribute to service development.